I work for the nonprofit and association division of Ames & Gough, a commercial insurance broker and am here to help with any questions you may have regarding your current coverages, or what you may be missing.
Reasons for Associations and Nonprofits to consider Ames & Gough are:
Specialization & Experience: Ames & Gough is a boutique broker that provides world-class service to select associations, nonprofits, and other professional service firms. We are in tune with the issues these organizations faces and have the experience to immediately assist you in improving your insurance and risk management program.
Ongoing Risk Identification & Analysis: Through periodic meetings, interviews with key personnel and review of websites and other materials, we will continually look to identify risk and exposures that your organization faces and assist in developing steps to address and mitigate risks. This will include appropriate loss control/mitigation activities as well as insurance, as appropriate. In this regard, Ames & Gough believes our clients should focus on a concept we call the "Total Cost of Risk." The TCoR concept builds on a foundation that goes well beyond insurance to seek to avoid or reduce losses before they occur and includes active claims management.
8 Critical Coverages for Associations & Nonprofits:
• Directors & Officers - protects against everyday management & business decisions.
• Employment Practices Liability - protects against employment-related lawsuits (i.e., harassment, wrongful termination, etc.).
• Fiduciary Liability - protects against losses from claims for breach of fiduciary duty.
• Crime - protects against losses for breach of trust (i.e., theft, deception).
• Social Engineering Fraud - protects against losses from intentional misleading that results in diverted funds.
• E&O (Errors & Omissions) - protects against negligent acts, errors or omissions arising out of standard setting, certifications and training, etc.
• Media Liability - protects against media activity, including defamation, copyright, plagiarism, etc.
• Cyber Liability & Network Security - protects against 1st and 3rd party internet/cyber crimes that could result in penalties.